Aside from grilling, this fish can also be baked, steamed, fried, broiled, smoked or poached. This very abundant fish is similar to tuna and salmon because it is sold as a thick steak, but is milder in taste. When cooking this dish, the fish should be treated just like any other fish steak on the grill. You could grill it over hot coals or gas grill.
This very tasty fish recipe can be prepared very easily in a short period of time. The fillets are marinated in lemon juice, salt, pepper and other seasonings to bring out its flavor. After marinating it for about half an hour, it is then brushed with oil before grilling. As it cooks, the flesh will turn opaque. If you have a meat thermometer, the recommended internal temperature is 145 F to make sure that it is thoroughly cooked.
Sizzling Tangigue is best when served with either steamed rice or fried rice. Here is the recipe and hope you enjoy it like I did.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
2 pcs tangigue steaks
1 tbsp lemon juice or calamansi juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
½ tbsp butter or margarine
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine together the minced garlic, lemon juice or calamansi juice, salt and pepper.
2. Add the tangigue steaks and leave in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to marinate. Turn the steaks occasionally.
3. Brush butter or margarine on the grill to prevent the steaks from sticking.
4. Cook the steaks for about 5 minutes on every side or until they are cooked thoroughly.
5. Transfer to a serving plate and serve immediately. You can add some garnishing and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Sizzling Tangigue (Grilled Spanish Mackerel)
If you like the recipe you just found, please share it...
Follow us on Social Media
What's your thought about this recipe? Share it!