How to Make Chorizo
Generally, it is made out of pork, but nowadays, they also make them out of beef, chicken and even tuna. They are sold commercially in links encased in hog casing, or skinless or if they are just made at home, they are just formed into patties. Among the popular ones are the Longganisas from the towns of Guagua (salty to almost sour), Lucban (garlicky and slightly sour) and Vigan (garlicky and yellowish in color). There is also the Longganisang Hamonado which has a sweet taste.
Whatever region it comes from or whatever it tastes, this food is here to stay because of its flavor and taste that will surely perk you up your mornings. Aside from eating it by itself, there are also several dishes that has the Chorizo as one of the ingredients like Pancit Canton and Paella. The possibilities are endless because its distinct taste will truly enhance any dish.
This recipe is for the Skinless Chorizo. Combined with garlic fried rice and fried egg, it is popularly called Chosilog for CHOrizo, SInangag (fried rice) and itLOG (fried egg).
Preparation Time: 30 mins (excluding curing time)
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 20 servings
1 kilo ground pork, with 10% fat
5 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp anisado wine or mallorca
10 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped finely
1 ½ tbsp salt
1 tsp paprika
¼ tsp prague powder
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp cornstarch
1. Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add the pork and mix thoroughly.
2. Cover and leave in the refrigerator for a couple of days for curing.
3. Individually wrap the chorizo by scooping a tablespoon of the mixture and laying it on wax paper. Form them by rolling and folding the ends. Put them in plastic bags and store in the freezer before cooking.
4. Cook the chorizo by removing the wrapper and frying in cooking oil and half cup of water.
5. Serve with garlic fried rice and fried eggs.
How to Make Chorizo (Pork Sausage)
If you like the recipe you just found, please share it...
Follow us on Social Media
BROWSE MORE FILIPINO RECIPES
Watch our latest cooking videos on YouTube!
Ginisang Monggo with Gata