google.com, pub-9600490168678620, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
Lutong Pinoy Pochero
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1 1/2 hours
Total time: 2 hours
Yield: 4 servings
1 1/2 lbs pork belly, cut into large cubes
1 cup white beans
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cabbage, quartered
2 medium tomatoes, concasse
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp brown sugar
1 bunch bok choy
1/4 lb sweet potato, cut into cubes
1 piece ripe plantain banana cut in half
1 tsp whole peppercorn
1/2 tsp ginger, cut into small strips
1/4 lb green beans
Salt and pepper, as needed
4 tbsp vegetable oil
1 pc medium eggplant, cut into 1 inch circles
2 cups chicken or pork stock
1. Cover the white beans with plenty of cold water. Leave to soak overnight. Drain the beans, transfer in a saucepan and cover with fresh water. Boil immediately for 10 minutes. Drain.
2. Slice the plantain banana, in their skins, in half crosswise, slice diagonally and cut the sweet potato into quarters. In a pan over a medium heat, fry the plantain and sweet potato until slightly brown. Set aside
3. Heat the oil in a large casserole, add onion, garlic and ginger cook gently for about 2 minutes, until softened. Stir in tomatoes, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and brown sugar.
4. Add the pork and cook until lightly brown for about 10 minutes. Pour in the stock and bring to a boil. Add the white beans, peppercorns and season with salt. Cook for about 40 minutes
5. Add the eggplant, green beans and cabbage and let it simmer for about 3 minutes, lower the heat and stir in the fried plantain, sweet potato and the bok choy, cook for about 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and serve.
If you like the recipe you just found, please share it...
Follow us on Social Media
What's your thought about this recipe? Share it!