Ginisang Hotdog With Giniling (Sauteed Hotdog With Ground Meat)
Eating rice for breakfast is pretty normal for us Filipinos.
And we usually accompany rice with fried foods because they are easy to prepare. In this, there are a variety to choose from like fried daing (dried fish), fish, chicken, eggs, longanisa (meat sausage), meat loaf, tapa (cured beef), eggplant, potato and of course the children’s favorite hotdog.
But sometimes these things get boring, so Filipinos being creative usually make simple dishes out of these fried ones. Like making soups or making a sautéed combination to make to make the dishes interesting and appealing. Like a mix of corned beef and eggs, ground pork and eggs or others.
As for me, I always make this recipe of hotdogs sautéed with ground pork plus potatoes to balance the taste. Its delicious and appetizing so you won’t feel that the taste is compromised. And it is simple and easy to do. Not time consuming so you won’t feel rushed at all.
Cooking Ingredients for the Ginisang Hotdog with Giniling:
• Hotdog – 4 pcs (sliced in small circles)
• Potato – 1 pc medium size (cut into small cubes)
• Ground pork – ½ cup
• Garlic – 4 cloves (minced)
• Onion – 1 pc (minced)
• Tomato – 1 pc (diced)
• Soy sauce – to taste
• Pepper – to taste
• Cooking oil – for frying
• Water – ½ cup
Cooking Direction for Ginisang Hotdog with Giniling:
1. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan and fry the potatoes then set aside. Fry the hotdog too and set aside also.
2. In another pan, heat 2 tablespoons cooking oil over medium heat.
3. Saute the garlic, onions and tomatoes until garlic is golden brown and tomatoes mushy.
4. Add the ground pork. Stir and sauté the ground pork.
5. Season it with soy sauce and pepper. Add half a cup of water and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Lastly add the fried hotdogs and potatoes then adjust the taste with soy sauce.
7. Turn off the heat and transfer to a bowl. Serve with fried rice or steamed rice.
8. Share and enjoy.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
If you love eggs try this, beat 1 egg and pour over the dish just before it is done, then mix. It’s nice and adds a bright yellow color.
If you like the recipe you just found, please share it...
Follow us on Social Media
What's your thought about this recipe? Share it!
powered by Amazon
Ginisang Monggo with Gata