google.com, pub-9600490168678620, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
Filipino Macaroni Chicken Salad
In the Philippines, this is very common during parties and special gatherings with families. Here in our home, we never go out of Filipino Macaroni Chicken Salad especially during Christmas and Thanksgiving Day! The entire family just love it!
Now, this recipe will show you how to cook and prepare a chunky Macaroni Chicken Salad! The cooked chicken breast here are cut into chunky pieces, I did not shred them as what the usual Pinoy will do it. So it is really up to you - you can either shred them or cut them into small chunky pieces.
My family love it when they can taste the chunky chicken on the macaroni salad.
Another biggest secret too - it's tastier when it is chilled (refrigerated) for at least 2 hours before serving the salad! The pineapple will get absorbed on the salad and that what makes it more "masarap"! Yummy!
1 Pack of Macaroni Pasta (elbow)
1/2 lb Chicken Breast (cooked, cut into small cubes) - with this recipe, I did not shred the cooked chicken
2 Cups of Mayonnaise (or up to you!)
1 Big Can Pineapple Slices (cut into chunks!)
1 Teaspoon Brown Sugar
Optional: (which I did not include on this recipe because of our kids' choices!)
1/2 Cup Raisins
3 Tablespoon Sweet Pickles
1/3 Cup Minced Onions
Pepper and Salt to Taste
1. On a boiling water, (optional) you can add butter or olive oil to cook the Macaroni Pasta; then, drain off water when the pasta is fully cooked;
2. While cooking the macaroni pasta, you can on the other side cook the Chicken Breast; and when cooked - cut them into cubes or chunks (in here, I did not shred the chicken breast).
3. On a big large mixing tray or bowl, put the macaroni pasta and the chicken chunk pieces together;
4. Add all the remaining ingredients; pineapple slices/chunks, mayonnaise and all other optional ingredients of your choice,
5. Chill in the refrigerator before you serve it. (preferably 2 hours!).
If you like the recipe you just found, please share it...
Follow us on Social Media
What's your thought about this recipe? Share it!