google.com, pub-9600490168678620, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
Shrimp Pasta Recipe
Pasta cannot stand on its own. It has to be cooked with a certain type of sauce to make it more appealing and delicious. There is the classic tomato sauce and the different cream-based sauces. The possibilities are endless. The addition of meat, like chicken and beef, also adds to the depth and flavor.
Another favorite meat addition is seafood, from scallops, to mussels, lobsters and of course, shrimps. This recipe is Shrimp Pasta in Tomato Sauce. Shrimp goes well with pasta because it also blends well with all types of sauces. It also cooks really fast, so you can whip it up in a few minutes without any fuss.
This recipe is easy to follow and the sauce is simple to make as well.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30-35 minutes
Yield: 2-3 servings
1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped or
a dash of dried basil leaves
1 tbsp sugar
1/3 cup dry white wine or red wine (optional)
8 oz linguine pasta
salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese (for garnish)
1. Cook linguine pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a serving dish.
2. Season the shrimps with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large pan, and cook the shrimps for about 3 minutes or until they turn opaque. Turn them occasionally. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
3. In the same pan, sauté the garlic and onion until they become tender. Add the basil, and season with salt and pepper. Add the crushed tomatoes, sugar and wine. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. Add the shrimps and simmer for another 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and pour the sauce over the pasta.
5. Serve hot and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Shrimp Pasta Recipe
If you like the recipe you just found, please share it...
Follow us on Social Media
What's your thought about this recipe? Share it!