Grilled Stuffed Squid
There are a lot of dishes with the squid as main ingredient, ink and all. There is Adobong Pusit, a variant of the national dish adobo. It is cooked in adobo sauce along with the ink and fresh chilies. Rellenong Pusit is squid stuffed with ground pork, vegetables and squid fat. Battered squid is served with chili vinegar and mayonnaise. The most popular is Calamares or fried squid rings.
This squid recipe is Grilled Stuffed Squid or Inihaw na Pusit. Grilling is also a way of life especially with our fish and seafood. It is usually stuffed with tomatoes and onions, and then grilled over charcoal. Grilling squid is also popular in other Asian countries. They also grill it whole and sold in food stalls, just like in the Philippines.
This is a very healthy dish for there is no fat involved in the cooking. Just make sure that the squid is fresh.
Preparation Time: 1 ½ hours
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Yield: 2-3 servings
1 large squid
½ cup Sprite or 7 Up
½ cup soy sauce
2 tbsp calamansi juice
2 tbsp garlic, minced
2 pcs medium sized tomato, diced
2 pcs medium sized onion, diced
salt and pepper to taste
1. Clean the squid by removing the black ink, skin and membrane. Wash the body cavity under running water and drain.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the calamansi juice, soy sauce, soda, garlic and pepper. Marinate the squid in the mixture for at least one hour.
3. Prepare the stuffing in a separate bowl by tossing together the onions and tomatoes. Add salt and pepper and mix them together.
4. Drain the squid and stuff it with the vegetable mixture.
5. Grill the squid about 6” above the charcoal for about 3 to 6 minutes on each side.
6. You can use the marinade to baste the squid while it is being grilled. Be careful not to overcook it for it will become chewy.
7. Cut the squid crosswise, and serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Grilled Stuffed Squid (Inihaw na Pusit)
If you like the recipe you just found, please share it...
Follow us on Social Media
What's your thought about this recipe? Share it!
powered by Amazon
Ginisang Monggo with Gata