This dish is prepared like a typical ham but it is not as salty. It is sweetened in pineapple juice and glazed with pineapple chunks, so this is where it differs. I guess we Filipinos have an innate sweet tooth because we have created sweet dishes with our meats like Sweet and Sour Pork and Fish and this Pork Hamonado.
To extract and enhance its flavor, the meat is cured for several hours. It might sound like it is too time consuming, but the end product is really worth the long cooking process. The process might look too complex but it is actually quite simple. It only involves three stages: the curing or marinating, frying and simmering. Some people simply bake the meat in the juice while others stuff it and roll it like a log before cutting it in serving slices. Whichever way it is done, this dish is guaranteed to satisfy your palate and you will be reaching out for more.
So in your next big celebration, try this Pork Hamonado Recipe and it really is worth the wait.
Preparation Time: depends on marination time
Cooking Time: 25 mins
Yield: 6-8 servings
2 lbs pork tenderloin or butt
1 can (8 oz) pineapple chunks
2 cups pineapple juice
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp calamansi juice
3 tbsp soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the calamansi juice, pineapple juice, sugar, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Add the pork and rub the marinade well in the meat. Make sure that the meat is entirely covered in the mixture. Marinate in the fridge for about 24 hours.
2. Drain the marinade from the pork and set it aside.
3. Heat the pan and add the pork. Fry until it turns light brown on all sides.
4. Add the reserved marinade and the pineapple chunks. Let it simmer for about 15 minutes or until the pork is tender and the sauce has thickened.
5. Transfer to a serving plate and slice into serving pieces.
Pork Hamonado Filipino Recipe
Do you know that the only disadvantage of Working-at-Home is that
You Are Constantly Working?!
Browse some of interesting Work-At-Home Ideas Below
There's nothing taste like it! .. delicious and yummy!
powered by Amazon